Golf’s Largest On-Course Data Set Continues to Expand, Fueling Personalized A.I. Insights
STAMFORD, Conn., January 20, 2021 – Arccos – the pioneer of big data and artificial intelligence for golf – today announced a range of upcoming innovations that continue the company’s focus on helping golfers and golf organizations harness the power of on-course data and A.I. insights to make smarter decisions and improve performance.
Planned for release starting in February 2021, Arccos’ platform enhancements will be highlighted by:
- Player Dashboard — Fully incorporating Arccos’ acclaimed Strokes Gained Analytics into the popular dashboard to help players, coaches and fitters more easily identify and understand strengths and weaknesses across all game facets.
Arccos Caddie for Apple Watch — Moving from beta to a full-featured offering with new additions to the experience that more seamlessly allow players to record their on-course shot data without carrying a smartphone.
- Smart Distance Club Averages — Leveraging new algorithms that take golf’s most intelligent and accurate club averages to the next level by accounting for recovery shots and terrain, while also supporting “what if” views for weather and elevation impacts across individual clubs.
- Arccos Caddie Team Program — A special package combining Arccos’ award-winning platform with customized training to suit the unique needs of high school, university, college and national teams while providing coaches with the ability to access and analyze their players’ on-course data.
- Enhanced Putting Data Insights — Ability to mark second and third putt locations to deliver even richer insights into a player’s short game performance.
“We achieved a series of remarkable breakthroughs in 2020 that supported a dramatic surge in Arccos members and further proved the value players, coaches, fitters and OEMs are realizing from our on-course data set,” said Sal Syed, Arccos CEO and Co-Founder. “Input from each of these groups has helped us become more focused than ever. We know these upcoming releases for the first half of 2021 will further accelerate our business as we strive to realize the vision of connecting every golf club.”
Arccos members have recorded an astonishing 6 million rounds and 400 million shots with the system, while playing courses in 194 countries. This fed the world’s largest on-course dataset, which now includes 31 billion separate data points that are analyzed to help golfers perform their best. In 2020, the average new Arccos user improved their handicap by 5.02 strokes.
In conjunction with OEM partnerships that now include PING, TaylorMade and Cobra, Arccos’ achievements last year included:
- A.I. Rangefinder — The world’s first A.I. powered GPS rangefinder that adjusts yardages in real-time for slope, wind speed/direction, temperature, humidity and altitude
- Arccos Caddie Link — A small, ultra-light wearable that automatically captures shot data, allowed Arccos members to untether themselves from their smartphone while playing
- Strokes Gained Analytics (SGA) — Harnesses an A.I. Neural Net to provide players with the most advanced personalized insights in the game, SGA is the first platform to allow a player to select any target handicap – from Tour player to 20 – and measure their performance versus that goal across every game facet.
Golf’s first Artificial Intelligence platform, the Arccos Caddie app syncs with Arccos Caddie sensors to automatically track your shots while delivering smart distance club averages and strokes gained analytics. The system includes an A.I. powered rangefinder and caddie advice for any hole on earth to help golfers of all skill levels make smarter decisions, improve faster and shoot lower scores.
About Arccos Golf, LLC
Arccos Golf, LLC develops game-changing connected golf products. The company is revolutionizing the golfing experience by integrating automatic shot tracking with Artificial Intelligence to deliver unparalleled insights that help players maximize their potential. Listed among the “World’s Most Innovative Companies” by Fast Company, ranking #3 in the Sports category globally, Arccos boasts the golf industry’s richest data set. Its official partners include Microsoft (A.I. & cloud computing), PING (smart clubs), Cobra Golf (smart clubs), TaylorMade (smart clubs), Club Champion (smart fitting), TXG (smart fitting) and Cool Clubs (smart fitting).