‘Tis the season to dig through gift guides to see what presents might be best suited for the special golfers in our lives. If you’ve already made it to the Arccos blog, you are likely looking for a gift for an avid golf lover. We designed this guide to help anyone (even non-golfers) understand which Arccos products are going to work best for each golfer.
Here are a few quick triage questions to help you decide if the golfer you are buying for, will be able to get the most out of Arccos:
- Do they golf at least 10 times a year on a course?
- Do they talk about wanting to get better?
- Have they asked for a rangefinder or other golf-tech as a gift?
- Do they already play with Arccos Caddie? (changes which products to look at)
If you answered ‘yes’ to one or more of the above questions, then Arccos could be a great gift option for your special golfer.
Here is what this gifting guide will help you understand:
- What the Arccos Platform comes with
- How to pick sensor type (required)
- Do you need a putter sensor adapter?
- Shot Tracking Devices (Helpful Accessories)
- Stocking Stuffers
- Arccos Check List
The Magic of Arccos for Golfers
Arccos gives golfers amazing insights into their on-course performance. The real magic of Arccos is with the membership access to the award-winning mobile app. The Arccos Caddie Mobile App is jam packed with features to help golfers of all skill levels benefit from the power of data. Membership to the app is basically 5 gifts in one!
- Automatic Shot Tracking (with sensors, read more in the next sections)
- A.I. Rangefinder (accounts for environmental conditions in distances)
- Smart Club Distances (helps golfers know their true on-course distances from various terrains)
- A.I. Caddie Advice (supercomputer caddie that gives advice based on the players historical data)
- Strokes Gained Analytics (detailed insights into every game facet and what their strengths and weaknesses are)
Selecting Your Sensors
In order to even use the system, players need to have sensors on their clubs. We have two options: Smart Sensors (that twist into the end of any club) and Smart Grips (embedded sensors come in the end of the grips). When purchasing either of these options, the first year of membership to the Arccos Caddie Mobile App is included ($150 value).
Picking which type of sensor then becomes very personal. If you are giving Arccos as a gift and know absolutely nothing about golf, the Smart Sensors are the safest bet. For the exceptionally thorough gift-givers, here is a detailed blog about the difference between the two options (in case smart grips are indeed the best option for your golfer).
Arccos Caddie Smart Sensors are ideal for:
- New users of the Arccos system
- Golfers who change club sets or regrip clubs frequently
- Use a specific grip type (not sold in Smart Grips)
Arccos Caddie Smart Grips are ideal for:
- Golfers who use one of our supported grip types
- Highly particular golfers (streamlined look/feel with embedded sensors)
(Pro-Elfing Tip: If you are still unsure which sensor type to purchase, try to sneak a peek into your golfer's bag and see what clubs/grips they already have on their clubs. This also comes in handy for the next item on the list) Last year’s gift guide might also provide a few more details.
SuperStroke Putter Adapter
With either the Smart Grips or Smart Sensors purchase a special putter sensor is included (having a putter sensor paired to the app is mission-critical to using the platform). While we don’t normally condone snooping in people’s golf bags, if you’re buying Arccos as a gift, make sure you check to see what kind of putter grip is in their bag. Pull out the putter, if the grip says ‘SuperStroke’ in big obvious letters, you’ll likely need one of these.
These putter grips are designed a little differently and need a SuperStroke Putter Grip Accessory to seamlessly attach to their club.
For just $23.99, it includes an Arccos Caddie Putter Sensor, purpose-built housing that attaches to Traxion or CounterCore grips, tightening tool and wrench. If you don’t end up needing this accessory, you can easily return.
Shot Tracking Accessories
In order to use the Arccos System on a golf course, players are required to keep their smartphone in their front pocket...unless they use an alternative shot tracking device. As of November 2021, there are two options:
- Arccos Caddie Link (iOs or Android users)
- Color choice #1 Green/Black
- Limited Edition Black Link (while supplies last)
- Apple Watch (iOs only, model dependent)
The Link is perfect for golfers who already use Arccos, or if you are giving them Smart Sensors or Smart Grips as well (remember you need one of those options in order to use the system). While this product isn’t required to use Arccos, it is an accessory to make their Arccos experience even better!
- New or Existing Arccos golfers
- Women (women’s golf clothing really lacks reasonable pockets)
- Competitive players (USGA and R&A compliant)
- Golfers who don’t want to play with a phone in their pocket
- Golfers who like to listen to music on the course
- Older model phones being used (battery life)
If your golfer does not have an Apple Watch 6 or newer, we recommend getting an Arccos Caddie Link. We even offer a special product bundle of Smart Sensors & an Arccos Caddie Link for an additional 10% off! If you want to purchase the bundle, you still have the option to select the Limited Edition Black Link. (while supplies last)
Arccos Smart Grips and Smart Sensors come with a year subscription to the Arccos Caddie app. If the special golfer in your life is already an Arccos player, you can gift them a redeemable code that covers a year of their subscription (1 year for $149.99, or 2 Years for $299.98). Pro-Elf Tip: this is the only way to use a discount code on membership rates...🤫
- Existing golfers who already use Arccos
Hats & Towels for Stocking Stuffers
For the “golfers can’t have too many of these” department, Arccos Performance Tech Hats and Towels make for nice compliments to other Arccos gifts. Performance Tech Hats are engineered by AHEAD and feature a moisture-wicking headband. Towels are also crafted by AHEAD, with quick-absorbing microfibers and an easy-to-clip carabiner attachment.
Check the List Twice
To summarize and make sure you feel good about what you’re wrapping up with a bow, here is your shortlist to cross-check what you learned above:
- Choose between Smart Sensors or Smart Grips (One of these options is required. We recommend Smart Sensors as a start)
- SuperStroke putter adapter (only if they have this type putter grip)
- The Arccos Caddie Bundle - Saves 10% (includes Arccos Caddie Link)
- Below options are excellent accessories to go along with their new Arccos Caddie System
- Arccos Caddie Links are great for existing Arccos users still using their phone for shot tracking
- Arccos Swag: hat or towel (or both if they’re high up on the ‘Nice List’)