When showing the special father figures in your life how much you care, it’s easy to get ambitious with gift giving. We’ve created this gift guide to take out the mind-boggling questions non-golfers might have when looking at giving Arccos as a gift! There are some basics to help you decide if you are even on the right course for Dad.
Our quick triage questions:
- Does he golf at least 10 times a year on a course?
- Does he talk about wanting to get better?
- Has he asked for a rangefinder or other golf-tech as a gift?
- Do they already play with the Arccos Caddie app? (changes which products to look at)
If you answered ‘yes’ to one or more of the above questions, then Arccos could be a great gift option for Dad. The power of Arccos stems from the award winning mobile app, Arccos Caddie. The Arccos platform combines powerful hardware technology with the industry’s leading performance insights in the palm of your hand.
Put On Your Thinking App
Arccos gives golfers amazing cognizance into their on-course performance. The Arccos Caddie Mobile App is jam packed with features to help golfers of all skill levels benefit from the power of data. Membership to the app is basically 5 gifts in one!
- Automatic Shot Tracking (with sensors in the grips of each club, read more in the next sections)
- A.I. Rangefinder (accounts for environmental conditions in distances, learn more about Rangefinder)
- Smart Club Distances (helps golfers know their true on-course distances from various terrains)
- A.I. Caddie Advice (supercomputer caddie that gives advice based on the players historical data)
- Strokes Gained Analytics (detailed insights into every game facet and what their strengths and weaknesses are on the course)
Related: Arccos for all handicap levels
In order to even use the App, players need to have sensors on their clubs. We have two options: Smart Sensors (that twist into the end of any club) and Smart Grips (embedded sensors come in the end of the grips). When purchasing either of these options, the first year of membership to the Arccos Caddie Mobile App is included. Both options come with the same powerful shot tracking experience.
Smart Sensors (Buy Now) are ideal for:
- Golfers that are new to Arccos
- Golfers who change clubs or re-grip clubs frequently
- Use a specific grip type (not sold in Smart Grips)
Come in a Limited Edition Gen 3+ Smoke option this Father’s Day
Arccos Smart Grips (Buy Now) are ideal for:
- Golfers who use one of our supported grip types
- Highly particular golfers (streamlined look/feel with embedded sensors)
- Existing Arccos Members looking to upgrade from their twist-in Smart Sensors
If you are unsure of which option to go with we have a detailed blog comparing the two options here. But we usually recommend the twist-in Smart Sensor [PLUS the new Limited Edition Smoke style is pretty awesome if you ask us… so don’t miss out on their limited inventory!]
Putting for Dough
The new Gen3+ Smart Sensors come with the new P3 putter sensor which is smaller and lighter than the P2 model in previous bundles. This putter sensor is great for narrower grips like Pistol Grips. If you get the Limited Edition sensors they come with this new option. Better yet, if Dad is already an existing Arccos member, you can upgrade just his putter sensor to this model by buying the single P3 putter sensor.
The only putter grip that the P3 putter sensor won’t work on is the counter-balanced SuperStroke grip.
While we don’t recommend snooping in people’s golf bags, you can pull out dad’s putter to see what grip he has. IF he has a putter grip that says SUPERSTROKE in big letters, chances are you need to get this adapter.
These putter grips are designed a little differently and need a SuperStroke Putter Grip Accessory to seamlessly attach to their club.
It includes an Arccos Putter Sensor, purpose-built housing that attaches to Traxion or CounterCore grips, tightening tool and wrench. If Dad doesn't end up needing this accessory, you can easily return.
Shot Tracking Accessories
In order to use the Arccos System on a golf course, players are required to keep their smartphone in their front pocket...unless they use an alternative shot tracking device. There are two options:
The Link is perfect for golfers who already use Arccos, or if you are giving them Smart Sensors or Smart Grips as well (remember you need one of those options in order to use the system). While this product isn’t required to use Arccos, it is an accessory to make their Arccos experience even better!
- New or Existing Arccos golfers
- Women (women’s golf clothing really lacks reasonable pockets)
- Competitive players (USGA and R&A compliant)
- Golfers who don’t want to play with a phone in their pocket
- Golfers who like to listen to music on the course
- Older model phones being used (battery life)
Arccos Smart Grips and Smart Sensors come with a year subscription to the Arccos Caddie app for new members. If ‘Dad’ is already an Arccos player, you can gift them a redeemable code that covers a year of their membership. Pro Tip: this is the only way to use any affiliate discount codes on membership rates...🤫
Swag for Dad
For the “golfers can’t have too many of these” department, Arccos Performance Tech Hats and Towels make for nice compliments to other Arccos gifts. Performance Tech Hats are engineered by AHEAD and feature a moisture-wicking headband. Towels are also crafted by AHEAD, with quick-absorbing microfibers and an easy-to-clip carabiner attachment.
Measure Twice, Buy Once
To summarize and make sure you feel good about what you’re wrapping up for dad, here is your shortlist to cross-check what you learned above:
- Choose between Smart Sensors or Smart Grips (One of these options is required. We recommend Smart Sensors as a start)
- SuperStroke putter adapter (only if they have this type putter grip)
- The Arccos Bundle - Saves up to $75 (includes Arccos Link)
- Arccos Link is great for existing Arccos users still using their phone for shot tracking